Last Updated on Thursday, 15 January 2015 21:01
Coláiste Choilm was founded in 1987 and has an enrolment of about 1030 students.
Bunaíodh Gaelcholáiste Choilm i 1991 agus tá tuairim agus 340 dalta ar na rollaí.
TY Musical 2015 - The Addams Family
Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 November 2015 15:30
Rehearsals for the TY Musical of 2015 "The Addams Family " are in full flight with practically all the year group involved at various levels. The show is a huge undertaking involving all the actors, the stage & lighting crews, the make-up & costume crews, the mini-company, the orchestra & the school choir.
The musical runs in the Cultúrlann at Coláiste Choilm from the 30th November to the 3rd December with nightly performances. The cast lisitng is attached below - well done to all particpants on-stage and off.
German debaters advance in Competition
Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 November 2015 15:28
On Thursday 5th November Colaiste Choilm team won a german language debate against Carrigaline Community School and qualified for the next stage of the competition.
Students show Solidarity with the People of Paris
On Mon Nov 16th Coláiste Choilm observed a minute's silence in memory of the victims of the attacks on Paris.
In the social area Staff, students, and visitors alike have the opportunity to sign a book of condolences in solidarity with the people of France.
Students have displayed some photos of their recent Art trip to Paris.
Art Trip to Paris
Students visit the Monet Garden in Paris during the 2015 Art Trip .
TY group visit Film Exhibition as part of Creative Engagement
TY creative engagement trip to Kilkenny to see Song of the Sea in the cinema and also the exhibition for the film in the Butler gallery.In the film Ben, a young Irish boy, and his little sister Saoirse, a girl who can turn into a seal, go on an adventure to free the faeries and save the spirit world.
Safety & Traffic Management System in Place
Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 October 2015 15:57
A traffic management system for the main road outside the school has been in effect since April 2013 and continues to be effective for the school year 2015/6. Set down and collection is only allowed on the school side of the road. An Garda Siochána have responsibility for enforcement and the Co. Council have provided the necessary signage. A letter available for parents is attached below.
TY hit the Ploughing Championship 2015
Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 September 2015 16:56
A large TY contingent visited the National Ploughing Championship in Rathaniska, Co. Laois to view the 1,400 stands, sample the free food and meet some very famous people !
Colaiste Choilm students receive International Caps
Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 November 2015 19:49
COLAISTE CHOILM STUDENTS RECEIVING THEIR INTERNATIONAL CAPS AT BASKETBALL IRELAND 30/10/2015
Congratuatioins to all 5 students and their coaches on their fantastics achievement. !!
Darragh O'Sullivan ,Caitlin Quinn ,Jack Murphy ,Eoin O'Reilly, Caoimhe O'Driscoll
Smart Study November 2015
Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 November 2015 19:07
There is a meeting on Thursday 12th November 2015 for parents of 1st Year Students. Mr. Ian Mulcahy will give a talk on Smart Study and Helping your Child Study.
Please find attached below
1. The Presentation on the Night
2. A 1 Page Handout for Students
3. A 1 Page Handout for Parents.
Nuacht na Scoile September 2015
Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 September 2015 14:10
Coláiste Choilm/Gaecholáiste Choilm Whole School Evaluation
Last Updated on Thursday, 11 September 2014 19:21
WSE 2014: KEY FINDINGS
- The school is led by a highly effective senior management team.
- The leadership is characterised, at all levels, by positive working relationships and effective systems of communication.
- The questionnaire responses of students and parents showed consistently high ratings for the school and its operation.
- A highly motivated, able and dedicated staff has embraced change with optimism.
- The school, comprising Gaelcholáiste Choilm and Coláiste Choilm, embodies a rich, unique and integrated model of educational provision.
- The two parts of the school combine to provide a broad and balanced curriculum.
- The support systems for students are of the highest quality.
- The participation and achievements of students in the very wide range of extracurricular and co-curricular activities are encouraged and celebrated.
- The facilities are well maintained and administered by efficient and welcoming staff members.
- The teaching and learning observed was of the highest quality.
- A professional, informed and reflective approach underpins good teaching practice and a continuous focus on self-evaluation for improvement.
The full version of the report is attached below.
Page 1 of 6